Saturday, August 17, 2013

Rain, Rain...

It's raining! I live in Utah, and the running joke "If you don't like the weather in Utah, just wait 15 minutes" isn't really too far from the truth. It was sunny and hot today (just like every other day lately), and within an hour or two, there was lightning and drenching rain. CRAZY rain. It was raining so hard that I remembered a similar storm a few years ago, in which the rain turned into hail and shredded plants in the garden. I stopped what I was doing & said a prayer asking for the garden plants to be safe. There was no hail today, thankfully! It really makes you think differently about food when you are depending on the farm or garden to feed you and you realized that you are at the mercy of the weather.

The other part to this story is that there is an area in the back field that I need to work on getting to a point of being soil instead of rocks & clay. That's going to take A LOT of work. The first step is to water it like crazy so it won't break the shovel (or my back) when I start to dig it up. Mother Nature took care of that part of the job today, so I am very grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment